This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for
www.latinasontheplaza.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. Please review this Notice regarding our privacy policies related to the following issues:
- How we use your personal information and with whom it may be shared.
- The choices available to you regarding the use of your data.
- Our security procedures that protect the misuse of your information.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION.
REGISTRATION AND PROFILE INFORMATION: We may ask that you provide personal information when you use our Services, including registering on our site, joining our mailing list, providing donations, making a purchase from our online store, applying for a scholarship, participating in our programs, signing up to attend an event, or corresponding with us. We may require that you provide personal information including, but not limited to, your first and last name, birth date, phone number, e-mail address, photo, and, if you are a donor, billing information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide you with the features and functionality of our Services.
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
LATINAS ON THE PLAZA uses its website for marketing and charity purposes and is committed to ensuring the privacy of personal information. Use of the website is subject to all applicable state and federal laws, as well as LATINAS ON THE PLAZA’s general policies. It is LATINAS ON THE PLAZA’s usual practice not to share any personal information with those outside LATINAS ON THE PLAZA. However, when circumstances arise for the need to share information gathered from its website, Latinas On The Plaza may share your personal information in the following instances:
- We may share your information with third-party business partners, vendors, donors, consultants, and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, including content or service fulfillment, background checks, credit reports, billing, donation processing, e-commerce, or providing analytics services.
- Our business partners, who offer you a service jointly with us, such as administrating a co-sponsored scholarship or promotion.
- Third parties at your request: When using our Services, you may have the option to share your activities on our site with your friends through social media. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our programs, you may choose to share certain information that facilitates matching you with our programs, as applicable.
- With the public: Remember that any content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to our website, such as your public profile or blog content or commentary, becomes available to the public. You may control your privacy settings by going to your profile and setting your profile to Private. Additionally, we may make use of your name, photo, and/or profile information on our site or on our partners’ sites, for example if you are a scholarship applicant, recipient, mentor, donor or alumni with a personal story to share and you have connected with us on social media, we may display your name, photo, and/or profile information on our social media page.
- If you are a donor, we may share your name publicly in our annual report and in other LATINAS ON THE PLAZA material if you have donated $1,000 or more. You can choose to waive this benefit by designating your support as “anonymous.”
We may share information we collect through technology, such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, and clear GIFs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.): (i) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described above. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- PROTECTIONS AGAINST INFORMATION MISUSE.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. LATINAS ON THE PLAZA does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. Our Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the third party websites of our partners, advertisers, partner merchants, social networks, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
SECURITY LATINAS ON THE PLAZA takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at top of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While LATINAS ON THE PLAZA uses encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, it also protects your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, verifying contest eligibility) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which LATINAS ON THE PLAZA stores personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY Neither LATINAS ON THE PLAZA nor any of its employees shall be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information described and/or contained herein and assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information. In no event shall LATINAS ON THE PLAZA or its employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this system, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, computer hacker, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.